Wow, I’m now near the end of my 5 month+ bodybuilding experience and can’t believe it’s nearly over! In the last few weeks I have seen real progress, dropping over half a stone in weight! It lead me to reflect on what I have learned through this experience that would be helpful to you.
So here’s 5 top lessons I have learnt so far:
1. You must stick to your diet– it doesn’t matter how you feel, what foods you are craving. Trust the process and/or the coach who has created your eating plan. If you cheat in it or don’t follow it properly, you are just wasting your time.
2. Results will take longer than you expect– I didn’t see any real progress or the first 2 months, in fact I actually put on weight! But in months 3-4 I started to see some changes and in these last few weeks there has been a huge shift in my body composition. Know this going into it and you won’t be disappointed.
3. You will have to train longer and harder than you have ever before. An average day for me training at the moment will see me doing two cardio sessions and a weight session, equaling around 2.5 hours of training. I did not realise that I was capable of this, but with time we slowly added more into each time and now I can truly train at a new level than before.
4. You will get fit, very fit. I did not realise at first that my fitness would improve much, but the numbers don’t lie. I can now do 20 mins of boxing rounds instead of 5, or skip for 10 mins instead of 2! I even set myself the challenge last week of doing 100 pull ups and I managed them! A brilliant bonus of all the hard training and eating is that you will be in the best shape of your life.
5. Do not underestimate walking! Walking is actually brilliant cardio exercise for fat burning. By adding in extra cardio at night and first thing in the morning, it made a real difference to my weight and my health. I will never under estimate how good walking is from now on.
So there you go, 5 lessons learned over the last 5 months the hard way! I’ll be uploading the next 5 very soon.